Drone brood and queen cups!

Hive inspection yesterday. Still lots and lots of brood (so much brood. I love it!), including at least one frame of nothing but capped drone cells.

On a couple of frames, I noticed some odd cells that I later learned are queen cups; possible predecessors to queen cells.


These don’t necessarily mean anything, as bees often build and tear then down “just in case”.

Still, I think it suggests that they’re doing well. I’m not going to be able to inspect again for a couple of weeks, but when I do, I’m planning on doing a split then. Must… make… more… bees.

Anyhow, everything seems to be going well. Some minor cross comb issues where I put in new empty frames last time. I also went ahead and added some more empties for good measure, though.

Leave a Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *